Pete is coaching U14 boys' basketball this year and today was his first game. Lucy and I decided we wanted to go watch. It was lots of fun, but the game didn't quite go in our team's favor. They warmed up in the second half though, so hopefully they will do better in the next game. The really, really sad thing is that there were NO parents there. None. Well, there was one dad who teaches at CDNIS, but that was it. There were really no fans period except for a handful of 7th grade girls. These families may have money at our school, but they work for it, apparently. I thought it was so sad that no one was there.



Shannon commented that she would like to have a Marianne. I'm not going to lie to you - we all would! My house is absolutely spotless and I haven't lifted a finger. It's great. Don't get me wrong - I still don't want to go back to work and I am terrified that Lucy is going to start thinking that Marianne is her mom, but the cleaning part of things is truly awesome.
Here are some cute picture from today. I swear I love this little girl more and more every second that I am around her.


7 comments:
Coach! Do you think he takes a knee in "coach" position? I love it! Did you know I coached girl's softball this past season...didn't know what I was doing but I had so much fun! I needed Katy to come up and give me some tips. :) Love you guys! Lee
Hi! I'm Shannon's friend from Hermiston. I've been watching your blog for a while...anywho, just had to comment today.
I work full time and have three boys and I can assure you that Lucy will never like the babysitter/nanny more than you!:) Everyday my boys are excited to see me when I pick them up! I won't kid you it will be hard that first day and many other times after that first day for different reasons but she will always know who her mama is and who loves her the most!:)
I just had to share that with you...from one working mama to a soon to be working mama. And by the way--she is too cute!
Hi Jinx!
I just wanted to say that little Lucy is absolutely beautiful!!
I am right in the same boat with you too. I am going back to work full time in twoo weeks after 5 years at home and I am freaking out!! It was so nice to see Kristy's comment-it was exactly what I needed to see today!
As I am learning, it is not the quatity of time you spend, it is the quality. Lucy will always know her mama becuause there is a bond between a mother and daughter that no one can break. :) You know everything about her!
Hugs to you!
Juliet
Jinx - I totally get teary eyed everytime I read your posts! I know exactly what you are feeling when you talk about how much more you love her every second of the day. Good luck adjusting to a nanny and going back to work, I know it must be difficult. Lucy is so gorgeous. It almost makes me miss Sophia being that little - but then I remember how much more work it is to have a newborn and I'm grateful to be out of that stage for the time being!
Love,
Amy
hey! we love seeing your pics of Lucy! She is beautiful, and looks alot like her Mama! Can't wait to see you at Christmas, we love you all! I know that it must be hard Tracy, thinking of going back to work, but you are such a good mama, and Lucy will not forget you! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, we love and miss you. Your Auntie, Uncle, and cousins, George, Lisa, Ryan and Cami
I love what Kristie said! Plus no one has the Phenoms like her mama!!
oh, and I think Lucy looks like her auntie Syd in the first picture.
Post a Comment