Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Passport Photos

Lucy has a great awake period right after I feed her in the morning from about 7:30 to 8:00, sometimes more, sometimes less. Today I used the opportunity to try my luck at taking a passport photo. They say on the website that you can take it yourself, as long as the eyes are open and the background is white. However, later on I took it into to get it developed (I thought my photo was pretty good) and the guy at the counter told me there was no way it would work - both ears have to be showing, my background isn't white enough, etc., etc. So, it looks like we'll have to bring her in and I have no idea how that is going work (eyes are seldom open when you are bawling your head off). I guess will have to try it though. Anyway, here are my passport picture attempts:

The largest one is the one I ended up taking in. My appointment at the U.S. Embassy is on November 1st, so I have a little time to get the picture right. I didn't get a passport until I was twenty; Lucy will not even be a month and she'll have one. Watch, she'll end up being the biggest homebody you've ever seen.
In other news, I went to a store called Bumps to Babes today to experiment with other pacifiers. I ended up by a Nuk and I think we've found success (fingers crossed). She seems to have fallen in love with it. I also bought the bottles to match, which I need to start introducing soon. Unfortunately, I am not having very much luck pumping (sorry if that's TMI for anyone). But, I need to get her to take a bottle soon, preferably before the nanny gets here.
Yet, in other news, today Lucy was quietly sleeping on my chest and all of a sudden she coughed and then puked all over me. I was wearing a v-neck shirt, so it went in between my boobs and then accumulated in a big pile at the base of my bra. Again, I am sorry if this is TMI, but I really felt like I entered motherhood when this happened. The puking scares me though - Marge and all the books say that it's perfectly normal, perfectly healthy, but it scares me if it happens in her sleep. Just when I've started sleeping a bit better and not waking up every fifteen minutes to check on her, now she pukes and I'll worry about it all night. Oojiss, as the say in Bulgaria. I have a long 18 (or sixty) years ahead of me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jinxy she looks so much like you in these photos! Precious!! Ha, I love the puke story...

Molly said...

I love that you share TMI on your blog - it makes me feel like you're right down the street rather than worlds away. Glad you found a pacifer that Lucy likes - those little things are such a blessing and a curse. I wonder how many times Justin and I have said to each other "do you have the binky?" We might be more dependent than Jillian!!

Love the photo montage of Lucy!

Molly :)

Anonymous said...

OK...her first passport photo made me giggle :)

Jamie