Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ocean Park and Pacifier Success ... sort of

Some pacifer success today - mommy could not be happier! I spent the morning repeatedly offering the pacifier to Lucy and eventually she did take it. She's been good with it off and on today, so hopefully this will give me a little rest every now and again, although if she truly is hungry, there is no mistaking that cry!


Lucy also went on a little outting today to Ocean Park. Marge and Norm went ahead of us and then we met up with them at the pandas. It was fun to get out. I think I mentioned before that we bought a year-long pass and we're hoping that Lucy will really like going there often when she gets a bit older. Even now it is a fun place to stroll around.

HPf_R3m4/RxsdEOsYfyI/AAAAAAAAAZI/WEHAQQongjE/s1600-h/DSC02582.jpg">

Tonight we are having a BBQ with Marge and Norm and our friends Bob and Jenn and their kids, which will be fun. It's nice that it is close to home in case Lucy has a meltdown. I like getting out a bit more, it makes me feel a bit more human.
Pete goes back to work tomorrow and boy are we going to miss him! I love having him home, but I guess this will give Lucy and I some time to get in a routine before Marianne, our nanny, gets here in a few weeks. I think it is going to be so weird to have a nanny, but it's nice that Lucy will have one-on-one attention. Although, it's going to be difficult to leave her regardless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of these pics are so wonderful! Congrats on the pacifier. Funny thing is I told Amy Surface all about her feeding and how much she likes it and Amy said "Oh I wonder if she is soothed by the sucking motion, I think a pacifier would work for that." Ha, from one mom to the other...