Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Beginning to like being a SAHM

Today was a good day. First of all, Lucy woke up at 5:30, but went back to bed until 8:30, giving her mommy a couple extra hours of sleep - yeah! I even woke up before she did and put the house in order a bit before she started to stir. It was great. After lounging around for a bit, we decided to go into town and get Starbucks (I know, when don't I get Starbucks, right?) I didn't have any major plans for the day, but I am set on leaving the house at least once everyday to maintain sanity and I really do think Lucy likes it too. Anyway, since I didn't have much to do, I got back about 45 minutes before the shmoo needed to eat again and I came up with a brilliant idea. The club house in our apartment complex has the fantastic room that has massage chairs. For the cool price of $15 Hong Kong (about $2 U.S.) you can buy yourself 30 minutes of relaxation in a massage chair - so I did. I spent a glorious half hour with Lucy still strapped onto my chest in the Bjorn floating away in peace. Lucy simply snoozed the whole time and I loved every minute of it. It may very well become a habit. I think it's good for me too - if someone would have told me about the tole your back takes carrying around a 9+ pound baby all day, I would have started to do back exercises the minute the second line showed up on the stick! Between breastfeeding and carrying her around all the time my back is killing me! So, I think I am completely justified in my massage chair indulgence.
Lucy wore another "big girl" outfit today. When Pete got home he said it wasn't his favorite, but I like it, nonetheless.


The only bad part about today, is that I woke up with a stupid cold sore and I am completely terrified that I am going to give it to Lucy. I hate these things - they suck! I am being very careful, but that doesn't ease my concern.
Tomorrow we are going to school for the first time to introduce Lucy to everyone there and see all the kids dressed up in their Halloween costumes. I'm looking forward to it. Happy Halloween everyone! I can't believe Halloween is already here, crazy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great you are getting out every day with Lucy!! Funny you should talk about how sore your back is from carrying her around...this weekend I was at Kyle and Amy's playing with Sophia and my arms and lower back are still sore. They only get heavier too. :)
Loves, Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Jinxy that sounds wonderful! Good for you!

I love you guys, Lee

Shannon said...

Um...ditto on the back thing. My left leg is numb today and my hip required some strong meds. I blame in on lugging 3 kids around on my hip!