Monday, October 29, 2007

Blogging a Bit Earlier Than Usual

I have a baby who will only sleep on my chest right now. My original plan was to get her to sleep, put her in bed, and take a nap of my own. That lasted approximately five minutes before she howled and now she is on my chest again. This time I brought out the sling, so my hands are free and, while I cannot take a nap, at least I can find some comfort in the computer ... what did moms do before the computer was invented? Just kidding (kind of).
Lucy and I successfully completed another outing today - this time is was bigger and better: downtown! I even took the bus! Holy cow! I love the Bjorn. She gets in, she looks around a bit, then she passes out and sleeps for the full three hour time I have allotted myself. At least this is the scenario so far; I realize things could change dramatically in the coming weeks.
Like I said, the Bjorn is great ... I have only one complaint, it really accentuates the area of my body that does not need accentuating right now. As far as boobs go, I look like an advertisement for Ripley's Believe It or Not right now and the Bjorn isn't helping matters any. All the little Asian woman are probably looking at me while I'm walking around thinking I have some kind of abnormality or something. Oh well ... at least I'm out of the house.
I dressed Lucy in a "big girl" outfit for our first downtown outing today. Normally she just hangs out in her p.j.'s all day, but I thought she might want to look nice in downtown H.K.

My friend Kathleen sent me this video clip. Pretty funny, especially for all the moms out there. I'm still in the newbie phase, but I'm sure I'll relate a little more in a couple of years. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T, P, and L,
I absolutely love the blogs. They make me a feel a bit closer to you than I really am. I watched that video and I can't wait to hear some of those things come out of your mouth:) It was so good to see you and Lulu on the webcam yesterday... I love it! Love you guys so, so much. Katy