We have an apartment! With the typhoon warning over, we were able to go out exploring with a rental agent. We found a cute, little (and when I say little I mean TINY) aparment in a place called Sham Wan Towers located very near our new school. It's super small, but we think it will be enough for the three of us. There is two bedrooms, although the bedrooms are about a third of the size they are back home. What sold us was the view - it looks right out over the harbor. It's really very beautiful. You can do a little exploring if you want at http://www.shamwantowers.com.hk/script/tc/main.php It's all in Chinese, but just click on any of the links and you can explore some pictures. It has a pool and a gym, as well, which is a nice bonus. Here is a picture I took from the website. Sham Wan Towers are the the three high rises pretty much in the middle.

After we signed the paperwork, Pete and I did a little exploring around our hotel. We ate lunch a dim sum restaurant - it was really good. Here are some pics:


Hong Kong is teaching me how to embrace my curly hair - well, actually I'm going to have to learn to embrace it or I will simply be miserable for the next two years. It has been raining non-stop since we got here and it is so humid that pretty much anything I do to my hair in the hotel room is undone about two steps out the door. Oh well!
I think Pete and I are going to venture out to Causeway Bay tonight and try to catch the Bourne Ultimatum. I hope all is well with everyone - we miss you!
2 comments:
Congrats on the new place! Glad you guys weren't blown away by any typhoons. Crazy.
Jamie
Oh my gosh the area is so beautiful! And from one curly haired girl to the next...embrace sista! Love you guys! Lee
Post a Comment