Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Life with Kids

Lucy loves laying her head on the dehumidifier in our apartment. It blows her hair all around and she thinks it is super funny.
So here's a story for you ...
Pete and I have been trying to go on little outings while he has been home for Spring Break to get out of the apartment and avoid the insanity that comes from living in 600 square feet with two kids. On Wednesday, we decided to go to Stanley, do some shopping, and eat dinner. For the dinner portion we chose to go to a German restaurant called King Ludwig's.
We got there early, around 5, and it seemed that this was the time to go with kids because everyone in the restaurant seemed to have a baby. Anyway, after we ordered, it was time to feed Sofie, so I spent the first half hour of our meal in a tiny bathroom stall. Nice. When I got out, I came back to the table and Pete and Lucy were almost done with their meal. I sat down, got about two bites in, and Lucy asked me for a bite of my dinner, which I gave to her. I immediately regretted this decision ...
As soon as the bite was in her mouth she made a face I know well - the puke face. I don't think she was choking, but I think she has a gag reflex like no other. At any rate, she puke everywhere. I hopped up out of my chair and said "Oh gosh!" as I started the clean up process. Lucy puked again and then said, "Oh gosh ... it's oh gosh!" over and over again. But was instantly back to her normal happy self, albeit covered in vomit.
The only extra clothing we had for her was her "I love Santa" pajamas. Nice. As I was cleaning up, Pete was holding Sofie and she started howling. He stood up to bounce her around. I am sure we looked like quite the family. Pete said to me, "Welcome to our life with kids, honey." Haha. Oh well. And so it goes.

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

That story reminded me of eating in Stanley with you guys and having Pete change Lucy in the restaurant. :)

Jessica said...

That's a hard night. Initiation, right? :)

Ali and Andy said...

Sorry, Trace. Had to laugh just a little. We have SO BEEN THERE! Now I know we aren't the only ones...

The countdown is on! Brady loves looking at Lufy and Sosie (his pronunciation) on the blog!!

Anonymous said...

Well...at least it will be a good story to tell Lucy and Sofie when they get older :) Love you!
Syd

Molly said...

Ahhh, this all sounds too familiar! :)

Amy said...

Ooooh - I haven't had to deal with a public puking yet... Knock on wood. Just a few in the carseat and the ones at home. The carseat is the worst cleanup job! Our Sophia also has quite the gag reflex... Thanks for a funny story.

Anonymous said...

I was reminded of Derek Tellis puking all over Frat House.

Shannon said...

oh man..."oh Gosh" days are tough ones!