Tuesday, February 03, 2009

More Hanoi

One of the days we visited the Ho Chi Min mausoleum in the city.  It's a really beautiful location with lots of space to roam around.
We saw some Vietnamese soldiers that didn't look like they were taking the job too seriously - laughing and joking around.
We saw a starfruit tree - I love starfruit.  I don't know if you can find it in the States, but it is really yummy.  I'll miss it.
The presidential palace.
A fun bridge with some big fish swimming around.
Leah - This picture is for you.  I am not happy that I am posting it, but here you go.  Me in all my pregnant glory (not to mention frizzy, gross hair).
Ho Chi Min's mausoleum.  
These trees are all over the place at Chinese New Year.  Lucy LOVES the mandarin oranges.
Another glorious picture - seriously - what is up with my hair?  The pagoda house in the background was cool though.
The houses were really run down, but I did like the architecture in Hanoi.
Pete posing with "Uncle Ho" - seriously, that was what they called Ho Chi Min.  Funny.
I think I have one more day of pictures to post from our trip ... so more tomorrow.

5 comments:

Katy said...

Yeah! I love the pics. It looks like another great Muilenburg trip. I am glad that they next one will be to Ptown, USA! You look great, T. I love you so much, Kate

Kimberly said...

I think you look great Jinx. :) Thanks for letting us see your tummy. luvs

Jessica said...

I didn't know I could look at your blog! The last time I checked, a while ago, it was private, so i didn't think to check again. I'm so glad I did! What fun pictures! And you look great!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

I love the pictures of Hanoi...Zden and I are hoping to get to Vietnam sometime soon.

Tracy, you look great. And Pete looks a little like Uncle Ho.

Love to all~ Kris

Kathleen Attridge said...

Good news. You can get starfruit here, but it isn't cheap.