Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine


Pete and I had date night last night (I love date night!) We went out to dinner and then saw the movie "Little Miss Sunshine." This movie is probably old news for all of you in the U.S., but it just came to BG. Have any of you seen it? I loved it! Totally cracked up at the end! I highly recommend it if any of you haven't seen it yet.

Let's see, in other news ... the first of March was once again great around here. March 1st is my favorite day in Bulgaria. It's called Baba Marta (Grandma March) Day. Everyone gives each other bracelets that are red and white and as the person is tying a bracelet on you, they wish you "health, happiness, and love." It's such a happy day! It's just awesome. You wear your bracelets until you see either the first buds of spring or a stork. When you see one of these, you take your bracelet off and hang it up on a tree. This is what it looks like:

It's totally a tradition I'm taking with me when I go. It's up there with Christmas, St. Patrick's Day, and the 4th of July as my favorite holidays.

Pete and I also made our Spring Break plans. We will visit Turkey one more time and go to Ephesus (where the Ephesians in the Bible are from) and then we will fly to Cairo and take a tour of the pyramids. I'm totally excited! It will be fun to get out of Europe and see new sights.

Well - I hope my long post made up a bit for the long time between posts. We miss all of you guys! It's less than four months until we come home for the summer - I'm counting the days!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved "Little Miss Sunshine" and was really kinda bummed when Olive (played by Abigail Breslin) didn't win the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. She's just adorable!

Miss you guys :)

Jamie

Shannon said...

Very cool tradition!
How long do they stay on the tree?

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy, how are you? Katy pointed me to your blog and I wanted to say hey. She and I had a nice chat today about being far from home and how the family deals with it. Anyway, wanted to let you know I was thinking of you. It's amazing what you and Pete are doing. Happy St. Patty's a few days early, my Irish friend.

take care,
Erin (McGee)

Anonymous said...

I just bought the movie last Sunday, it's one of my favorites! I am actually sitting here watching it now! I wish you were here.