Friday, March 16, 2007

St. Patrick's Day and March Madness


Tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the year! I love St. Patrick's Day! It's just the best! Tonight we are having the annual St. Patrick's Day bash at our house. The whole staff is invited over for chili (not very Irish, but easy to make in large quantities) and green beer - should be fun. Of course, it's never as fun as it is with my girls back home. I miss them so much on St. Patrick's Day. Jamie - good luck on Shepard's Pie - I know you'll get it perfect!

In other news ... it's March Madness! I LOVE March Madness! Even Pete is impressed by how much research I have done in order to fill out my bracket. Last night I only got two wrong - Old Dominion and Gonzaga. Actually, I was not going to put Gonzaga as winning and then Pete accused me of not having any Washington spirit. I guess it's better to root for your home teams, then actually win the office pool. (Hmmm ...) This is why, in the end, I went with my heart and I have the Cougs winning it all - A girl can dream can't she! I'm even managing the office pool this year, which is a new step for me. I'm very proud of myself. Anyway, I will leave you with the following thought:
GO COUGS!!!!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

You would not be a true Coug if you didnt have them in the final game!

Hey, next year you can try a potatoe bar for St. Patties day. Is that irish?

Anonymous said...

Heck yeah! GO COUGS!!!!!
Please tell Pete I'm so sorry his Huskies didn't even get invited to the NIT.

Jamie

Patrick Love said...

Hey Frat House,
I miss you guys. Too bad I couldn't go to your St. Patty's day Party. We did a bit of partying here ourselves, but on a much smaller scale (we have DWI laws here).

When are you guys going to be back in the States?
SSSH! I'm planning a kind of surprise birthday party for Anne, Aug. 9th. So far I've got Kris, David, and Kerime just showing up on her birthday. You guys could only make it that much sweeter.
(It's going to be a surprise, so don't tell Anne.)