Sunday, December 18, 2005

Time to catch up








Well it's been a week since my last post, so I guess it's time to catch up. There were two key concepts in the last week: college applications and snow. On December 15th all students applying to colleges that have an application deadline before January 31st had to turn in their applications. The school puts everything together and then mails them for the kids. Since it's overseas it's cheaper this way. So, for the last week of my life I've been knee-deep in about 800 college applications. Can you believe that? We had to work all day Saturday and about 3-4 hours yesterday. I think it goes without saying that we are so ready for Italy.
Saturday night was our staff Christmas party at our principal's house. It was a dress-up occasion and very nice. I got there about two hours late because I was working, so I don't have too many pictures, but I'll put in what I have.
The other big new around here is snow! It has been snowing, and snowing, and snowing, and snowing. I have never seen so much snow in my life, except for when I was about to hop on a ski lift and swish down a hill. They've cut paths through it and when I'm walking the snow comes up to my knees. This morning was the first time it stopped snowing in about three days. It's beautiful! However, if our plane isn't able to take off I'm going to start crying :)
This week is just a three-dayer. The big event is the Christmas concert which takes place on Tuesday night and then again on Wednesday during school. All the international teachers perform a traditional Bulgarian dance during the concert. We dress up in full traditional costume and dance our hearts out. I'm sure there will be some good pictures, so stay tuned.
It sure difficult to be away from all of you for Christmas. I got a little emotional on Saturday night for the first time about it. Family and friends are so important - going away makes you realize that more than ever.
I love you all! Merry Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

It's so beautiful there! Snowing here too...but we have about a cm. I sent off my Christmas Card to you...here's hoping i put enough postage on it!

Anonymous said...

Hi T & P
It looks absolutely beautiful there! I wish we were there with you...I miss Bulgaria. Christmas just isn't the same without you, I just can't quite get into the mood of the season without your presence. I love you guys! Have a wonderful and safe time in Italy. You are the best!
-Sydney

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip to Italy and a VERY Merry Christmas! I miss everyone too and I'm not even out of the country!
Hugs!
Juliet