Friday, December 09, 2005

5 things that made me smile this week




Shannon "tagged" me on her blog and the topic of the tag was "Write about five things that made you smile this week." What a good thing to think about! I was trying to think about what pictures to put up, which is why I haven't blogged in a few days, but then I decided I should just write about them; pictures aren't always necessary.
Smile #1 - Driving by myself. I've been learning to drive a stick shift and on Wednesday I took the school van all by myself and drove to the store and the Red Market all by myself. It made me smile very big!
Smile #2 - My husband. He is absolutely the cutest, most wonderful man. I just love him with all my heart. Sorry to get cheesy, but it's impossible not to put him on my smile list. He makes me smile every day.
Smile #3 - 8th graders at Science Fair. Wednesday was the school Science Fair where classes are canceled for the day and all the students show up with science projects. The 8th graders are the youngest kids in the school and they don't quite get the concept of Science Fair yet. They are so cute. Their projects are really simple, but they are so proud of them. It definitely made me smile. (This is the only one I do have a picture of.)
Smile #4 - My friend Kris's birthday - Yesterday was Kris's birthday and a few of us took her out to dinner at a place I had never been to before. It was so much fun and I smiled and laughed until my face and stomach hurt. It was a great night.
Smile #5 - Talking to my mom on the phone. Yesterday was also my mom's birthday so I called her. I loved hearing her voice and being able to chat with her for a while before she had to run off to work. Mom - I love you with all my heart and I hope you had the BEST birthday. You deserve it because you are the best mom a girl could ask for!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be sure to give your mom a birthday hug when I see her this weekend!!

Jamie

Shannon said...

Yeah...I love your smile tag!!! Cute girls you teach! Oh and happy birthday Mom.