
It is officially August 22nd and we officially have about 9 hours until our plane leaves. "Our bags are packed, we're ready to go." I just finished taking a shower and straightening my hair (I have to look pretty for the plane - well at least my hair will look pretty, I'm pretty sure my face will be a blubbering mess.) 9 hours to a new adventure.
Kate and I went down to see my grandparents yesterday. I have come to the conclusion that they are truly the most wonderful people on the planet. Actually, I've come to this conclusion before, but its reinforced every time I'm around them. I love them with all my heart. We had a fantastic lunch on the shore and then Kate and I dipped our feet in the ocean. It will be a while before I step foot into the Pacific again - my next ocean experience will be the Black Sea ... on Thursday. "Tracy, what are you doing this Thursday?" "Oh, just going to the Black Sea, nothing big." Pretty nice little Thursday!!
Tonight we said goodbye to my aunt and uncle and Andy and Ali. My eyes are welling up again just thinking about it. You never realize how much you love and care about people until moments like tonight. It's so easy to go day in and day out just living life without taking inventory of the enormous love we encompass for our friends and family. This last week has provided me the opportunity to take inventory and there are no words to describe the love I possess for all of you. All I know is that the feeling is overwhelming and when I feel it, I am so thankful. You are all my life and the reason I am who I am.
Now ... this is the last sappy email I am going to write. These goodbyes have gone on long enough and now it is time for adventure and fun! My next entry will be from half-way across the world ... and I'm sure I'll have a lot to talk about.
I love you all!!!! Take care and have fun - and by all means - start saving for a plane ticket to Bulgaria. I know you've always wanted to go - everybody's doing it!!!!
2 comments:
bye my love...I will miss you...but so excited to check in EVERY DAY on this blog!!!
Have a GREAT time....I'll miss you!
I just can't believe the day is actually here (if I'm in shock, I can only imagine how you two must feel). I thought about you guys as I was driving back home after taking Luke to work, wondering if you were already en route to Bulgaria by way of Chicago/Warsaw. What an awesome adventure you're embarking on. Hopefully I'll get a chance to come visit!
Love you guys,
Jamie
Post a Comment