Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lucy's Birthday and the Pumpkin Patch

Lucy's birthday was on Friday and we have been celebrating all weekend.  Each birthday, each holiday gets more and more fun as the kids get older.  This year Lucy really understood what was going on and was so excited to celebrate her special day.  I got all prepared the night before, so this is what she woke up to in the morning:
I'm throwing in a few pics of the Halloween decor we have going on right now:

Birthday morning - she got to open one present in the morning.

When we got home from school we opened the rest of her gifts and went out to Red Robin for dinner.

Grammie and Papi sent Sof a spider book, which she loves.  Here she is kissing the spider.



Auntie Katy got Lucy Candy Land for her birthday.  We tried to play a match, but I don't think we're quite there yet.  It was fun to try anyway.
One of Lucy's birthday requests was going to the pumpkin patch.  It was a bit rainy, but lots and lots of fun!
Auntie Katy came along with us, so we were even able to get a family pic.
I set sweet Sof down right when we got there so that she could explore pumpkins.  She took one step and then face planted into the mud.  No tears, though.  I just asked her if she was o.k. and she replied with a sweet, "Yeah!"
Since we have been overseas since having kids, this was our first time at the pumpkin patch as parents.  Even with the rain, it really was magical.




Auntie Katy and the girls played airplane in the big grassy area by the corn fields.

A couple of sweet pics with the girls holding hands.  Melts a Mama's heart.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  HAPPY FALL!

7 comments:

Leah said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Lucy!! I hope you had a wonderful day and an even better year to come. I also love your hair cut.

Great Fall pictures and I love the new blog.

Kimberly said...

So stinkin cute--all of it. Happy Birthday Lucy!!

Michelle said...

Happy birthday Lucy. The blog is wonderful. Our family does the birthday one present thing too. Loved that everyone love the pumpkin patch. It is a fun place to go too.

Anonymous said...

They are the cutest kids ever... period! Can't wait for you guys to get here this weekend! Love you!
Auntie Kate

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Lucy. She looks like such a big girl now!! Love her haircut and Sophia loves it too. She wants her hair short and thought Lucy's would be good to match. I think so too. :o) Sophie is such a doll. The whole post made me teary. What happy family memories you and Pete are making for yourselves and your sweet girls.

Anonymous said...

The family photo at the pumpkin patch is now on my fridge. What a wonderful time in your lives this is. I know you cherish all of these moments together...because I'm here to tell you (and I know you know this already) it goes by way too fast.

I love Halloween. Have a blast! :)

Thanks again so much for posting entries here. I don't feel like I'm quite so far away when I read them.

Hugs all around,
Carolyn

Kathleen Attridge said...

You all look so happy and healthy. Makes my heart swell. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and it's so much better with children! You guys certainly know how to celebrate.