Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Big Update (for Marge and Katy who requested one immediately) :)

Apparently more free time eluded me after my last post. I was told in no uncertain terms this last weekend, however, that I needed to post immediately - people were tired of checking the blog to find no updates. "I'm busy," is only an acceptable excuse for so long.
So ... let's start where we left off, shall we?

Easter
Easter was a lot of fun this year. Lucy really got into all the festivities and Sofie enjoyed them too - once again proving that holidays are ten times better with kids around :)
Lucy with a satisfied smile upon discovering that her eggs contained chocolate!
Love this smile.

I bought these baskets at Michael's and had a great time decorating them. I think they turned out pretty cute.
Marge and Norm, Grandma Dee Dee, and Jerry and Jim, all came over for Easter breakfast, which was amazing. All the festivities wore Sofie out and she took a nap on Papa's chest. Pretty sweet.
Before Easter ...
The weekend before Easter we went to Portland again and Lucy decorated Easter eggs with Grammy and Papa.

Sofie wasn't quite big enough to decorate eggs, but as long as there were snacks, she didn't mind. :)



Two weekends ago, Andy, Ali, Brady, and Drew came to visit. We had a great weekend with them, which included a trip to the Wildlife Safari. The kids especially loved the petting zoo. Brady and Drew loved the drive where you get to see all the animals, but Lucy fell asleep and Sofie screamed the whole way, so that part wasn't our favorite - maybe next time.


Sofie makes this face all the time and says, "OOOHHHHH!!!!". It's too cute. Everything is exciting.
My two monkeys.
Lucy and Drew looking at flamingos.
Lucy is our little reader and is OBSESSED with human anatomy. At our last visit to the library, we checked out three picture books on human anatomy and all Lucy ever wants to read are "human body books." She now knows mitochondria, nucleus, and Golgi body - nice.
Sofie stats - I forgot to post her one year stats on the last post (or maybe I didn't have them, I don't remember). Here they are ...
Height - 30 inches (77th percentile)
Weight - 23 lbs (79th percentile)
Head Circumference - 18 1/8 (76th percentile)
She got ear tubes on April 20th, which was a bit scary for us due to the anesthesia, but she did great and so far they seem to have helped. She's still not walking, but she can get around - fast!

We are counting the weeks until summer - five left, I think. I can't wait! Pete got me a Flip for Mother's Day, so hopefully that will inspire a post sooner rather that later.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Yeah!! I thought I would peek on here today to see if there was anything... to my surprise, there were cute pics of my sug boogs!! Love it! And, I love you. So great to see you guys over the weekend.

Jessica Baker said...

Lucy is well on her way to being a biology star. I sometimes wished my high school students could remember what a mitochondrion was...

Leah said...

Such a cute update! The girls are seriously adorable.

Miss you! Lee