Thursday, September 04, 2008

Just a tad bit homesick

Today I am feeling just the slightest bit homesick. Admittedly, over these past three years overseas, it is pretty easy for me to get homesick if the mood strikes. Today, however, I spent the afternoon catching up on all my friends' blogs, something I haven't done regularly since June. Now that I am feeling more in the swing of things, it was time to catch up. Here's what I found out: my good friend Kimberly is engaged (congratulations!), everyone went to the Coug game, everyone's kids are getting older - birthdays galore, babies are getting bigger and cuter, from the one picture I saw of Tanya she is definitely showing now, and Jessica and Dave went to the Oregon State Fair. It made me miss everyone so much. It's fall. If there is one season I miss the most, it is fall. I miss cool, crisp air, putting on that favorite sweatshirt or sweater for the first time, and cold drinks in cold weather before an exciting Cougar football game. I think it really is the last item that makes me the most homesick due to all the fantastic memories I have of going to WSU football games. Here in good old H.K., it is a zillion degrees, a zillion percent humidity, and there is no sign of fall insight. If fall does make an appearance, it is a very brief display in late February. Oh well ... enough of the "woe is me" - I do have a lot to be thankful for and so I will concentrate on that.
Tonight Pete is out with the boys for a poker game, so it looks like it is me, Lucy, and "When Harry Met Sally." I'm thinking Lucy and I will have a gourmet meal of grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner, just to make it feel a bit like a fall evening. :)
Here's the best pic I have of Lucy today ... she didn't feel much like cooperating for the camera:

6 comments:

Jessica Baker said...

Hang in there--you'll be back before you know it. We miss you too. Good call on the grilled cheese/soup dinner. Maybe we'll have that too. :)

Molly said...

Mmmmm, nothing says fall like a grilled cheese and soup dinner. Oh and the pumpkin spice latte is back at Starbuck's! Maybe having one will help you feel fallish. :)

Thank goodness for blogs, right? I'm so glad that we have a way to keep up with each other's busy lives. Miss you my friend!!

Love,
Molly

Laura said...

I love grilled cheese sandwiches! & a pumpkin spice latte sounds so good too, I wish I lived closer to a starbucks :)

You guys will be home before you know it - Miss you tons!

Will and Sandy said...

We miss you, too. When you are reading the blogs you should start your calendar for next year of all the events you are going to need to attend. It may make you appreciate your quiet night at home a little more. Tee-Hee.In the meantime, we are loving you and counting down to your return.XOXO

Ms. Gibson said...

Aww... I know the feeling! I'm homesick for Bulgaria! We had a TGIF in the staff room today and there were so many people there. I haven't even seen all the people I work with and I was missing my crew from The ACS. You can't win, huh? But grilled cheese and tomato soup sounds like super comfort food!

Erickson Family said...

Miss you and love you so much. Just think you are on the count down for when you get to come home. Less than a year, less than 11 months, etc. We will all be so excited to have you home and we will do the pumpkin patch so many times you will soon forget about the seasons that you missed while experiencing the world. Loves, Sarah & Crew.