Thursday, August 03, 2006

Santorini and a few other items









O.K., the verdict is in and the picture stays for now. Maybe we'll get another shot that I love during the next section of our summer adventure. Speaking of which, our resting days are coming to an end and tomorrow we head out again. We'll leave Sofia tomorrow evening and head to Lake Ohrid in Macedonia. We'll spend a couple of days there and then go to Albania, then Montenagro, then Bosnia, then Croatia, and then Slovenia. From Slovenia will fly to London where Pete will finally achieve a dream come true when he sees the Rolling Stones in concert on his 31st birthday. It should be quite a trip! We'll get back one day before school starts again and we will once again be back in the real world (sort of).
Today and tomorrow I will finish putting the pictures up from Greece. These pictures are from Santorini. I really think Santorini is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my life. We absolutely loved it there and hope to go back someday, hopefully on a family trip. We camped in Santorini, but lived the high life in every other way. Pete and I were basically by ourselves there and took advantage of the romance. We had a wonderful dinner at a fancy restaurant while the sun was setting. One day we took a tour on the boat you see in the picture. We went to the volcano and climbed it, then the boat stopped at some hot springs and we dove off the boat and swam in them, then stopped at a cute village on another island for lunch. The trip ended in Oia, where we watched the sunset. It's supposed to be one of the best places to watch a sunset on the planet, and it was ... minus the 8 billion people that were there watching it with us! :) The picture on my last post is of that sunset.
Anyway, I think this next part of our trip will be different, interesting, and hopefully less expensive! :) I'll do one more post with pictures tomorrow, then it will probably be back to only words for a while.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful sunny morn here in Seattle! I am sitting at my desk crying (happy cry) and staring at your pictures. I miss you guys soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! Keep the dream alive! Love you, Luur

Shannon said...

Okay, some of these pictures need to be entered into a contest. Beautiful!
Miss you, have fun on your travels!
Dance in the subway on London ;)

Anonymous said...

What an awesome adventure you guys are having!!

I miss you guys...safe travels!

-Jamie