
Hello from Croatia! Pete and I arrived in Dubrovnik this afternoon and have been introduced to the reason Croatia is all the rage! Very cool here. It has a Prage-like feel to it, and, like Prague, has been discovered by tourists worldwide. Before this we were in Montenegro in a place called Kotor. Kotor has officially made it to our top ten list, as we liked it as much as Santorini and Vernazza. Before Kotor, we were in Albania (yes, you read that correctly), which was a beautiful drive in, but we were very ready to leave. Apparently, Albania hasn't caught on to the fact that it is Albania, and not some ritzy place in central Europe. We paid 40 Euro for a dive hotel that had a toilet seat that was coming out of the floor, only one towel, mold on the ceiling, and provided soap that had been used as was apparent by the hair that was in it. Sick! Anyway, at least we can say we've been to Albania. Before Albania we were at Lake Ohrid in Macedonia, which was a relaxing place to kick off the 2nd half of summer. If you are keeping track, you will see that we have been in four countries in a week. I'm exhausted an ready to stay put for a couple of days! We booked a kyack\snorkle tour for tomorrow morning, which I am looking forward to.
The picture here is one I downloaded off a website about Kotor. If any of you are planning a European vacation in the near future, I highly recommend both Montenegro and Croatia. Amazing. Oh ... I might also want to mention that I forgot to bring the camera. It's safe and sound in Sofia. When I realized that and told Pete, he said he needed to talk to my dad, as he has had years of experience with my forgetfulness and once told Pete, "Get used to it." after a similiar incident of forgetfulness. We have purchased a disposable and hopefully I will be able to burn the pictures to a disc and upload them when we get home. I swear sometimes I need a new brain.
Anyway, we love you all! More at the next internet stop!!
No comments:
Post a Comment