Friday, May 12, 2006

And now the party ...


I don't understand how a whole week goes by between my blogs. Every week I think, "O.K. this week I'll be better." And then all of a sudden a week has past. I guess that's how time flies.

Pete finally finished up SIHP this week. I think he still has a bit of grading to do, but all of the projects are finished and have been presented to the judges. I am so proud of him - he worked really hard and did a fabulous job.

In my life, now that the seniors are gone (graduation is a week from Tuesday), my focus is on the juniors and finishing up my IB class. It looks like I won't be teaching IB next year, which I have mixed emotions about. It will be nice to have more time to concentrate on counseling, but, on the other hand, I really love my students and have enjoyed working with them this year. In the end, however, it's better to do one job well, then three jobs halfway (counseling, IB English, and keyboarding). Next year I will be head of the counseling department, which will take up a lot of time, so I suppose I should concentrate on that task.

Tonight, we have the St. George's Day party. As I told you in the previous blog, St. George's Day is May 6th, but tonight the Bulgarian staff are throwing the international staff a party. The internationals throw the Thanksgiving bash, then the Bulgarians return the gesture in the spring with St. George's Day. I'm looking forward to it. I think it will be super fun (although, I think I need to take a nap before the festivities begin). :)

So that's all for now. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Grandma, I'm thinking about you every second and saying a prayer that you'll be back on your feet in no time. I love you so much!

No comments: