Sunday, April 01, 2012

January to March 2012

The first three months of 2012 have flown as fast as usual.  It is hard to believe that Easter is already next week - I feel like I just packed up the Christmas decorations! Major events of the last three months - Emma quickly transition from crawling to walking.  She took her first steps at 10.5 months and now, at 11 months, is pretty much walking everywhere.  Sofie turned 3 a week ago and is a big girl who tells us "I'm ready for preschool!"  Lucy gets bigger every day.  She is fully reading like a big kid, which means we can no longer spell around her.  Pete finished his 2nd quarter of school and has one quarter left until he finishes his admin license - we are so proud of him.  I'm just doing the usual - balancing being a mama, while dealing with middle school drama at work.
I'm constantly trying to get a good pic of the three girls together.  So far I haven't got a great one, but a couple of good ones make me happy.

St. Paddy's Day always makes me happy.  This year I made my Shepard's Pie and invited the family over for an Irish feast and a celebration of Auntie Katy's birthday, which is the 18th.








This is usually what happens when I try to pose a picture with three :(
A random snow day gave us a late start on the Thursday before Spring Break.  We didn't get one snow day this year, so I'll take the two-hour delay.  Courtney took these pics of the kids playing in the snow.








Sof on the morning of her birthday.
Sweet Emma indulging in the birthday breakfast we had for Sofie.

The birthday girl all dressed up for her party.
Lucy has a new best friend, Sonya, and we invited Sonya's family over for the party.  Owen, the baby in the picture, is only one day older than Emma so maybe they will celebrate together later this month.
A little breakfast party with the girls.


Later, they dressed up.  Lucy was a mermaid. :)

Sof opening her presents.
Uncle Matt obviously excited about Sof's Sebastian shirt.



Auntie Syd and Sof playing with bubbles.
Last year's bubble machine bit the dust over the summer, so Sof got a new one for this summer.




I snuck up on the kids playing on the computer together.  It makes my heart so happy when they play nicely together.  I look forward to a time when my heart is happy for days at a time, instead of just minutes. :)
These pictures are out of order - this was from Sonya's birthday at Chuck E. Cheese in January.
Daddy playing troll under the bridge at the park.
Emma in January.
Another attempt at the three girls together.
We took the girls to "The Magic School Bus" play put on by the Children's Theater.  Prior to going, we went to this wonderful French bakery.  I can't wait to go again!
We took a trip to Seattle for President's Day weekend.  We didn't get to see everyone, but I did get to see a few girls at Lorissa's baby shower and we stayed with our good friends, Chris and Andrea and their son, Evan.
Of course, going to Seattle meant a trip to the Seattle Aquarium.






The next weekend we went to the beach with Marge, Andy, Ali, Brady, & Drew.  I took these pics with my phone, so they are over exposed - I love them though.



I love this pic.  My family at the beach - some of my best memories start there.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the latest post! Love seeing all of the updated photos. Maybe one with you in it next time? :)

Carolyn said...

Okay, so I'm waiting until school is out to see a new post, right?

June 25th is the last day in Edmonds because of the snow days. What about you guys?

I love seeing your comments and photos on FB, too.

At some point this summer I will venture toward the Rose City, so I hope to see all of you then. :)