Lucy likes to pull the comforter off her bed and make a "beaver home" for us. Then she likes to pretend to put us all to bed. I have no idea where she comes up with some of this stuff.
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Summer! You're here! I've missed you!
It's summertime! Whoo hooo! For it a minute there, I thought it wasn't going to arrive, but it did and we are ALL glad. The last couple weeks of school almost did me in, but I finished on Friday morning and I am ready to let the summer sun wash some of the stress away. I haven't taken many pictures lately, but here are a few.
Pete went to Boston with his dad and brother last week. He was gone for six days and had lots of fun, but we sure did miss him. He brought presents home for the kids ... Lucy got these cute bee slippers and a lobster shirt that says "I'm a keepah!"

Sofie still isn't walking, but is getting really close. She can stand up by herself from a sitting or crawling position. She has taken a couple of steps, but not much more - this girl likes to be held and I think she's smart enough to know that if she can walk we might put her down from time to time. :)
Pete got me these gorgeous flowers on my last day of school. Lucy picked them out and I am absolutely in love with this bouquet. It is so pretty - I can't capture it in a picture.
This is what we are doing right now ... early Sunday morning ... Lucy is watching "Syd the Science Kid" and I am catching up on the blog. Tonight, dinner with Jerry (our co-worker), tomorrow strawberry picking with another coworker, Lex. Ah, summer - LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT. Of course, if you asked me in an interview why I stay in education, I will say to have a positive impact on the lives of the next generation, but ... come on, the fact that summer ROCKS has something to do with it too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm wich you sista! I love love love summer vacation too!
Summer is so great. If I accomplish one task it's an enormous milestone; so different from the school year with 100-1000 decisions per day. Today's decision: ignore the yard work for one more day. :)
I don't know why Eugene feels so far away from Seattle; China and Bulgaria were definitely out of reach. And here you are in the same time zone and everything.
I'm going to try to convince my son to take a one-day mega down-and-back road trip with me so we can see you. I believe my child has yet to meet both of your children!
Hope to invade your turf sometime this month--
xo,
Carolyn
Thank you Lucy!! That's the best picture of me ever scribbled on any bathroom wall that I've ever seen!
Jinxy,
I LOVED having you and the fam stay with me the week before our Vegas trip!!!!! Although I am not a "mom" I do love your children and LOVE having you stay in my home! Amazing memories.
XOXO,
Lorissa
Post a Comment