Monday, October 26, 2009

Major Catch Up (Including the fact that we are HOME OWNERS!)

Alright ... this will be a long post, but by the end we should be pretty much caught up on the ongoings of life in the Pete and Tracy Muilenburg family. First things first ...

WE ARE HOME OWNERS!!!! YEAH!!!!
We picked up the keys to our house last night at 5:00pm!


Dave, our realtor, took this picture of our proud family.
A beer to celebrate! (Obviously the wallpaper needs some work.)
Lucy ran around like a mad woman in the open space.


Pete let me open the door - he said I had been waiting long enough to open the door to my own house (not to mention the fact that I moved to Hong Kong 8 months pregnant and delivered two babies in the public hospital there all in the name of saving up a down payment for THIS house!)


Dave handing Pete the keys.
We plan on doing some work to the house, so we won't move in until at least the end of November, but it is SO exciting to have a home of our own. As much as I resisted moving to Hong Kong, it feels pretty darn good to be a home owner because of our work there.

Now on to the catch up ...
We already carved one pumpkin this year, but Lucy is obsessed with Jack-o-Lanterns ... so we decided to carve another one yesterday morning. Here are my cute shmoos. I can't tell you how much I love these three people - melts my heart every time I look at them.









Another Shmoo picture.



I love this picture of Sof - what a sweetie!
Oh ... even though she turned 7 months old yesterday, I wanted to post her 6 month stats from her doctor's visit:
Height 27 inches (86 percentile)
Weight 18.14 (91 percentile)
Head circ. 17.25 (83 percentile)
On Saturday (October 24th, her 7 month birthday) we noticed she was cutting her first tooth. Hooray!








Lucy is so super sweet to Sofie - yet another thing that melts my heart.










Can you tell I couldn't decide which of these pictures to post?






This is our first pumpkin of the season. We put it outside and it made a nice home for some slugs ... extra Halloween creepy!











Lucy loving her jack-o-lantern.










Our friends, Josh and Sarah, hosted a pumpkin carving party at Sarah's parents' house. It was a beautiful perfect day.














The ambiance ... just what I missed in the sweltering October weather of H.K.














Lucy checking out some pumpkin guts.





Watching Daddy clean out the guts.

Here are the rest of the pics from Lucy's birthday. On her actual birthday we took her to Red Robin. She LOVES the Robin.

She also loves the Sunday that comes on your birthday.
Yum!

Here's a picture of her new tricycle!

Well, that's the catch up! Exciting stuff around our house. Life is crazy, crazy busy around here - sometimes I think I barely have time to breath. But, it's a happy busy for the most part. I miss the kids when I am work and they are at daycare, but what are you going to do? O.K., I now must go ... I have 14 letters to write before the week's end. I love Early Action ... hahaha.

9 comments:

Jamie said...

CONGRATS on the new house!! Lorissa told me about it last night, but I'm so excited to see pics and see how all of your hard work has paid off. Can't wait to visit!

Kimberly said...

Congratulations Pete and Jinx on your new house--how exciting. Zach wants to go down to the Husky game there next year and visit you guys. . .well so do I! :) miss you

Jessica Baker said...

Your house is lovely. Can't wait to see more of the inside!

Anonymous said...

Yeah - How exciting! I cannot wait to come visit and see your new place some day!

Anonymous said...

What fantastic news! Thanks so much for the newsy blog...and for joining Facebook. :)

Hugs to all,
Carolyn

Molly said...

Such wonderful news! I can't wait to see more pictures. The outside is adorable. Congratulations!!

The girls are getting so big - are you planning on bringing them to Seattle any time soon?

Leah said...

Oh my gosh your house is perfect! I love the look from the outside and inside!!! Congratulations!

I love Sophia's Halloween kitty and all of the pics of the family.

You're hair is super cute and it's super fun to see pics of you!

Miss you! Leah

Marcy said...

Congratulations on your new house! The girls just keep getting cuter & cuter!

Kathleen Attridge said...

Congrats on the new house. That kitchen looks like it was made for entertaining.