Monday, September 14, 2009

A Fantastic Weekend

Before I launch into a description of our great weekend, let me update you on the house situation - we decided to pull out. :( Actually, I was sad at first, but now I really feel like it is the best decision. The inspection uncovered some problems with the siding and we didn't want to deal with siding problems. So - the house hunt continues.

We went to Portland this weekend and had a wonderful, although busy, weekend. Saturday we went to Reese and Elle's birthday party, where Lucy got this cute tiara. I wish she was happier in this picture - she looked pretty cute in her crown and earrings.

Later she insisted that Daddy wear an earring (look closely and you can see it).

Cute Sof.

Wearing a crown and earrings while eating mac and cheese - does life get better than that? I think I may start wearing these items at work. It might make each day just a bit more spunky.


Sunday we went to the zoo to see the new lion exhibit among other things.


The new exhibit was great - Lucy loved it. Sof probably did too, but she smiles at everything so it's hard to tell.


Sweet Lucy - Our little nature lover.

Sof - much more awake and interactive these days.

I love this picture. Lucy woke up a Daddy's girl on Sunday - he was her pal all day.

An animal shot for ya.

The girls with the lion. Pretty sweet.
Here's to our first full week of school this week. We have a lot to look forward to though - Marge is coming Wednesday, my parents Thursday, and the Harwoods on Friday/Saturday. Yeah! (Have I mentioned in a while that I love being home?)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Love Lucy's pony tail! I hope you have a wonderful 1st week of school.

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

Thanks so much for your updates! I just love reading your descriptions and seeing the photos.

School has been going very well so far this year--hope the same is true for you and Pete.

Carolyn