Sunday, June 08, 2008

Another Lazy Day

If we keep this up, Katy is going to think Hong Kong is a very boring city. We spent another day just kind of lounging around. The poker marathon continued while Lucy and I took a marathon nap this morning. When Katy arrived she stated that all she wanted to do was hang out with Lucy and so far we have taken her for her word. Part of the reason that we have stayed in is that in between poker hands and lounging, Pete has had to do this:
As you can see, he is very happy about it. :) This is his Geography exam that the kids took on Friday and his marks are due on Tuesday. Once he is done with that I think he is on the downhill slide, however, which is great news.
The Shmoo is 8 months old today! She has taken our lazy days as a chance to be cute and a chance to continue to practice walking. As with every other physical milestone, she is determined to do it quickly and gets slightly frustrated at the fact that she is not quite there yet. I wish she was determined to say, "Mama," but on the language milestones front, she prefers to stay in the "Dolphin Squeal Stage." Someday she'll probably use her words to talk back to me and tell me things are "unfair," so I will enjoy her ear piercing dolphin squeals and cute smiles for now.



2 comments:

Will and Sandy said...

Enjoy the dolphin squeals. When she starts talking you will stop talking all together. She is too dang cute!

Anonymous said...

Here in Edmonds, we have seven more get-ups!!

I am so looking forward to seeing all of you this summer.

Thank you so much for being addicted to blogging. I love reading about your life and seeing the photos of absolute cuteness personified. Please blog a few times over the summer for those of us who don't live in Portland!!

Love,
Carolyn