Tuesday, November 21, 2006

One month from tomorrow we'll be home!





On Sunday I decided that the Christmas countdown needed to begin ... NOW! So, I pulled out our minimal Christmas decorations and went to town. I love it! We're going to Romania for Thanksgiving, and I wanted the place to be all done up when we got back, so the Christmas season can begin. This year I have the Christmas spirit like a seven year old - I completely can't wait for the next month to pass. Going home for Christmas is going to be the best present ever.

On another note ... I owe my husband a massage. He didn't gloat over the Huskies at all. If the shoe was on the other foot I can't guarantee I would have done the same. I suppose I should probably work on that - there will be a lot of Apple Cups throughout our marriage and the Cougs are bound to win some of them (I hope).

Let's see, what else is new? The only thing that comes to mind is letters. I have like 58 left to go between now and December 12th. Oojiss. I don't want to bore you with more letter talk, so I'll leave it at that. As I mentioned earlier, tomorrow we are headed out to Romania for Thanksgiving. We're taking an overnight train to Transylvania, where we will spend our days searching for Dracula! More of a Halloween thing, than a Thanksgiving thing, but fun anyway. My Mom and Dad are having my mom's side of the family over, as well as Pete's parents. I think this is the fourth year in a row they have done this, and Pete and I have missed the last two. I wish we could be there to celebrate - you will be in our thoughts every minute.

Well ... I guess I should go do some work. Gross. I missing you guys so much, but there is comfort knowing that in one month I'll get to put my arms around all of you! I my sending of lots of Thanksgiving love your way! Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Romania sounds fun! Have a great holiday and I'll see you in a month (wow, I can't believe that's true)!!!

Pete has a very "you come here to me" pose going on in that second pic, by the way ;)

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was noticing that too Jamie...too funny. Must be the Christmas lights ;)

Anonymous said...

Have a great Thanksgiving...let me know how the whole Dracula thing turns out. I agree with the girls about Pete's adult modeling. maybe if this teaching thing gets old? :)

-Lisa

Anonymous said...

Ha! Lisa's post cracked me up!!

Jamie