
I really didn't think it was possible for me to get sick of snow ... throughout my life I have been overjoyed at the first hint of winter; the nip in the air that meant the possibility of snow, winter coats, scarves, gloves, and, most importantly, days off of school. I have now come to realize that it was really always the latter possibility that made the prospect of snow exciting. Living in Bulgaria has taught me that unlike Portland and Seattle, most people's lives do not come to an automatic halt as the first, tiny, unique flake hits the ground. And, let me assure you, when your life does not come to a stop due to the white stuff it's really not that much fun. As I told my parents this morning, the worst part of my day is leaving the comforts of my home. When I open the door to our house not only am I hit by such a temperature that I automatically think about the last time I said "when hell freezes over" and wonder if that event is eminent, but also, I am immediately confronted with the task of walking down the stairs. If I would have brought ice skates with me and practiced my triple Lutz a couple more times this would not be a problem, but, as I did not, I simply have to take a deep breath and accept the fact that there is a good chance I will fall and break a limb. After the stairs there is another 5-7 minutes of slipping and sliding before I arrive at my office door where I try to defrost my figures enough to maneuver my key into the lock. Doesn't this sound like fun? I hope you all don't book your plane tickets at once to come visit. Joking aside, I agree with Shannon ... I'm ready for spring.
Aside from the weather, we're back in school and slowly, but surely getting back in the swing of things. We've already started planning our next trip to meet up with parents in Poland. In fact, I think we're going to purchase our plane tickets today. Yeah! That will be something to look forward to that will allow us to look past the winter wonderland outside our door.
Love you all! Hope all is well!
3 comments:
Did I tell you guys about my lovely trip down the Sofia train station steps, all 20 or so of them? My backpack saved my life. It's amazing how things haven't changed.
Love your blog!
Sandy
Just dont wear your Doc Martins! They freaze you know ;)
Oh and you've been tagged again.
or like molly said our house in pullman or maybe it was more like our dumb Beta neighbors. do you remember that? they would pour water on the sidewalk at night to watch people fall the next morning...
-Lisa
Post a Comment